Sheet pan dinners are a major trend at the moment. This is the easiest, simplest and BEST way to roast vegetables – perfectly tender and packed with so much flavour! It’s a one pan wonder!
I kept it simple, using fresh garlic, dried thyme and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Best of all? I only used veggies that I like. I tend to pick out certain veggies if they are not to my liking – like mushrooms (sorry, not a fan at all!). But if the vegetables listed here are not your favourites, this recipe can easily accommodate tons of other vegetables. But remember to include lots of different coloured veg – not only because it is pleasing on the eye, but also for all the nutrients you will be receiving. Red and orange produce give you vitamin C and A, dark green gives you iron and folate, blue and purple give you flavonoids, white gives you beta glucans…all the good stuff!
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste (try go easy on the salt)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Use spray n cook to lightly coat a baking sheet.
- Place vegetables in a single layer onto the baking sheet.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
To really speed things up, you can buy precut veggies. Another tip I have is to season a chicken breast and place it on top of the veggies – this way you can enjoy a full meal in just one pan! And the clean up is a breeze.
Easy peasy (excuse the pun).